Skip nav to main content.

Our Story

iStock-467830812

 

A Little Backstory:

 

1937

Six Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard shops were founded and chartered as a credit union.

 

1945

WWII ends, creating economic increase & more demand for credit union services.

 

1952

Growth leads credit union officers & government officials to meet; they decide to consolidate original 6 shipyard branches into one central office.

 

1955

Pearl Harbor Federal Credit Union merger finalizes, turning 6 into 1.

 

1963

PHFCU rises to become Hawaii’s top ranking credit union.

 

1965

NCUA applauds PHFCU as first credit union in the region to provide educational loans under Education Act of 1965.

 

2001

September 11th leads executives to an action plan to help members regain access to & protect funds; decision made to build a more widely accessible facility on Oahu.

 

2005

Waipio main office opens its doors; Community Charter passes to allow Oahu residents access to membership services.

 

2015

Pearl Harbor Federal Credit Union changes name to Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union.