We are aware that the coronavirus (COVID-19) has been spreading internationally and is now active in Hawaii State and elsewhere in the United States. Please know that the health and safety of our members and employees is of the utmost importance to us. Amid concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are closely monitoring day-to-day developments and, as an organization, have raised awareness and education among employees on the best practices to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- HOURS | All Branches (Waipio, Waianae, Ewa, Airport, Pearl Harbor, Honolulu) will have adjusted hours starting on Thursday, 3/26/20. We will be open from: MON – FRI | 10 am – 4 pm, SAT | 9 am – 2 pm.
- BRANCH CLOSURES | On 4/6/20, Shipyard and Kapiolani Branches will be temporarily closed.
- SHARED BRANCHING | During this time, shared branching will only be available to those credit unions who continue to offer shared branching services to our membership. Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union members can visit the following credit unions for services and members of these credit unions can also use any Pearl Hawaii location to access their accounts.
OAHU |Hawaii Federal Credit Union, Hawaii Central Federal Credit Union, Hawaii Schools Federal Credit Union, Honolulu Federal Credit Union, Honolulu Fire Federal Credit Union, Hawaiian Financial Federal Credit Union, Hotel & Travel Industry Federal Credit Union, Ko’olau Federal Credit Union, Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union, Schofield Federal Credit Union, University of Hawaii Federal Credit Union
BIG ISLAND |Big Island Federal Credit Union, Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union
MAUI | Maui Federal Credit Union, Valley Isle Community Federal Credit Union
- LOANS & NEW ACCOUNTS | To help us minimize branch traffic, please visit pearlhawaii.com or call 808.737.4328 (73-PHFCU) to apply for a loan or open a new account.
- NOTARIES & INVESTMENTS | As a reminder, Notaries and Investments will still be made by appointment. Please call 808.737.4328 (73-PHFCU) to schedule an appointment.
Branch operations, hours, and branch closures may change as the situation develops. Please continue to visit this page for the latest updates.
We are here to help if you are impacted by COVID-19 and in need of financial assistance. As a financial cooperative owned by our members and committed to the credit union philosophy of “people helping people”— especially in times of need, Pearl Hawaii is here to help relieve your financial worries through this difficult situation. If your income has been interrupted or you find you’re unable to make a monthly payment in full, send us a message at MyFamily@phfcu.com or call us at 808.737.4328. We may be available to help.
AT OUR LOCATIONS
Hygiene standards for our employees, members, and branches are our priority. As the situation continues to evolve, we have taken additional actions to ensure our entire organization is here to serve you in the safest way possible. All branches regularly disinfect high-touch areas including workstations and contain a hygiene station with a hospital-grade cleaner; making hand-sanitizer more accessible for members and employees.
BANKING FROM HOME
If you’re concerned about going out in public, you can conduct many of your common branch transactions using our free Mobile App or at pearlhawaii.com. With our digital banking tools, you can:
- Check Balances & Verify Transactions | Keep tabs on your account balance.
- Deposit Checks | Utilize SnapDeposit to deposit checks digitally. It’s free!
- Transfer Money | Transfer money between your accounts or to another PHFCU member’s account or to your account at another financial institution.
- Pay Others | Pay your bills using Bill Pay or send money to another person using PearlPay (person-to-person).
- Apply for Loans | Apply for home, auto, personal loans or credit cards. You would be surprised how much money you can save when you refinance with Pearl Hawaii.
- Open New Accounts | Open a Teen or Momi account, a new savings or checking, plus more while never leaving home.
- e-Statements | All of your statements are archived in one secure space.
- Stop Payments | Sent a check you did not mean to? You can stop a payment without ever stepping into a location.
- Secure Messaging | You can communicate with a PHFCU staff member about your personal information through our secure messaging system.
To download our app, visit your device’s app store and search “Pearl Hawaii” in the search field.
- Mobile Pay | COVID-19 can survive on many surfaces, including money. Link your Pearl Hawaii Debit Card to your mobile device via the Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay stores. Just ‘tap and pay’ with your mobile device.
- Instant Issue Debit Cards | Is your debit card expired or about to expire? Visit our Waipio, Airport, or Waianae locations to have a Pearl Hawaii Debit Card printed while you wait and on the same day!
- ATMs | Use any First Hawaiian Bank ATM, which are surcharge free to Pearl Hawaii members.
- Share Certificate Secured Loan | Need some cash to get you through a few hiccups? With this loan, interest accrues and the loan is due when the certificate matures. Additionally, it has a 10 year amortization that helps keeps your payments low, has a very low interest rate, and you can earn interest on your certificate at the same time.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF SCAMS
Unfortunately, a number of scams are emerging that are designed to take advantage of public fears surrounding COVID-19. Emails, letters, banner ads, and phone calls designed to capture personal information while asking for a donation for someone that is sick, to help find a cure, or for a research study. The Federal Trade Commission offers tips to avoid the most common COVID-19 related scams. For more information, visit consumer.ftc.gov.