Covid19 and a message to our members.
The health and safety of our members and employees are of the utmost importance to us. Amid concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID19), we are closely monitoring day-to-day developments and, as an organization, have raised awareness and education among employees on the best practices to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Branch operations, hours, and branch closures may change as the situation develops. Please continue to visit this page for the latest updates.
HOURS DURING COVID19 QUARANTINE (Masks are required for All Locations)
Waipio, Waianae, Airport, Ewa
SATURDAY | 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
SATURDAY | 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
THURSDAY | CLOSED
MONDAY – FRIDAY | 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (closed between 1:00 – 1:30 pm)
During this time, shared branching will only be available to those credit unions who continue to offer shared branching services to our membership. Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union members can also visit the following credit unions for services. Additionally, members of these credit unions can also use any Pearl Hawaii location to access their accounts.
Hawaii Federal Credit Union, Hawaii Central Federal Credit Union, Hawaii Schools Federal Credit Union, Honolulu Federal Credit Union, Honolulu Fire Federal Credit Union, Hawaiian Financial Federal Credit Union, Hickam Federal Credit Union, Hotel & Travel Industry Federal Credit Union, Ko’olau Federal Credit Union, Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union, Schofield Federal Credit Union, University of Hawaii Federal Credit Union
Big Island Federal Credit Union, Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union
Maui Federal Credit Union, Valley Isle Community Federal Credit Union
LOANS & NEW ACCOUNTS
To help us minimize branch traffic, please visit pearlhawaii.com or call 808.737.4328 (73-PHFCU) to apply for a loan or open a new account.
INVESTMENTS and BOND REDEMPTION
As a reminder, Investments and Bond Redemptions will still be made by appointment. Please call 808.737.4328 (73-PHFCU) to schedule an appointment.
At this time, we are not taking Notaries.
COVID19 ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS
For Pearl Hawaii related information concerning your Economic Impact Payment, click Economic Impact Payment FAQ.
MEMBER ASSISTANCE IMPACTED BY COVID19
Pearl Hawaii is here to help relieve your financial worries through this difficult situation. If your income has been interrupted or you find you’re unable to make a monthly payment in full, send us a message at email@example.com or call us at 808.737.4328. We may be available to help.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
We realize the coronavirus (COVID19) situation may be causing financial hardship for some of our members. We are here to help and in need of financial assistance.
LOAN DEFERRAL PROGRAM
Members who have experienced a loss of employment, reduction in work hours, or related hardship due to COVID19 may request to defer their monthly loan payments. Give us a call at 808.73.PHFCU or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
We are here to work with you even if your circumstances are less than perfect. Apply now.
For an Emergency Loan related to the Covid19 pandemic, member:
-has been employed for a minimum of 5 years at their current employer
-be able to provide 1 month worth of paystubs
-work for an employer that has been affected by the Covid19 Pandemic
-be in good standing with PHFCU
AT OUR LOCATIONS
Hygiene standards for our employees, members, and branches are our priority. As the situation continues to evolve, we have taken additional actions to ensure our entire organization is here to serve you in the safest way possible. Additionally, all branches regularly disinfect high-touch areas including workstations. Also, branches contain a hygiene station with a hospital-grade cleaner, making hand-sanitizer more accessible for members and employees.
If you’re concerned about going out in public, you can conduct many of your common branch transactions using our free Mobile App or at pearlhawaii.com. With our digital banking tools, you can:
- Check Balances & Verify Transactions | Keep tabs on your account balance.
- Deposit Checks | Utilize SnapDeposit to deposit checks digitally. It’s free!
- Transfer Money | Transfer money between your accounts, to another PHFCU member’s account, or to your account at another financial institution.
- Pay Others | Pay your bills using Bill Pay or send money to another person using PearlPay (person-to-person).
- Apply for Loans | Apply for home, auto, personal loans, or credit cards.
- Open New Accounts | Open a Teen or Momi account, new savings, or checking… while never leaving home.
- e-Statements | All of your statements are archived in one secure space.
- Stop Payments | Sent a check you did not mean to? You can stop payments without ever stepping into a location.
- Secure Messaging | You can communicate with a PHFCU staff member about your personal information through our secure messaging system.
To download our app, visit your device’s app store and search “Pearl Hawaii” in the search field.
OTHER TOOLS TO PREPARE FOR THE COVID19 QUARANTINE
- Mobile Pay | COVID19 can survive on many surfaces, including money. Simply, link your Pearl Hawaii Debit Card to your mobile device via the Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay stores. Just ‘tap and pay’ with your mobile device.
- Instant Issue Debit Cards | Is your debit card expired or about to expire? Visit our Waipio, Airport, or Waianae locations to have a Pearl Hawaii Debit Card printed. Also, get your card while you wait and on the same day.
- ATMs | Use any First Hawaiian Bank ATM, which are surcharge-free to Pearl Hawaii members.
- Secured Loans | Need some cash to get you through a few hiccups? With this loan, interest accrues and the loan is due when the certificate matures. Additionally, it has a 10-year amortization that helps keeps your payments low, has a very low-interest rate, and you can earn interest on your certificate at the same time.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF COVID19 SCAMS
A number of scams are emerging that are designed to take advantage of public fears surrounding COVID19. For example, scams have included emails, letters, banner ads, and phone calls designed to capture personal information while asking for a donation for someone that is sick, to help find a cure, or for a research study. The Federal Trade Commission offers tips to avoid the most common COVID19 related scams. For more information, visit consumer.ftc.gov.
Additionally, there have been reports of recent scams where someone will contact you, impersonating your financial institution. When in doubt, please hang up and call Pearl Hawaii directly at 808.737.4328 (73-PHFCU) or email us through our secured messaging system at pearlhawaii.com.