ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Performs all duties exceptionally, safely, and efficiently.
- Receives cash and checks for payments or deposits.
- Issues checks or cash for withdrawals.
- Processes transfers between accounts.
- Issues money orders and movie tickets. Also maintains logs and adheres to inventory and control procedures.
- Cross-sells savings and loan services to existing and new members.
- Provides routine information on credit union products and services, policies, and member accounts in person, by phone, or by mail.
- Balances cash and checks to computer totals on a daily basis and prepares bank deposits.
- Opens new Savings, Checking, IRA, Trust, and Savings Certificate Accounts as well as provides information and disclosures relating to these services. (Note: Savings would refer to Regular, Christmas, Jumbo, and Momi Accounts).
- Processes applications for plastic cards and the Member Telephone Service.
- Processes deposits, withdrawal requests, loan payments, and loan close-outs received via mail.
- Provides members with payroll allotment forms.
- Maintains appropriate department records and files.
- Assists in balancing daily work.
- Assists in auditing of cash machines and other instruments with their immediate manager.
- Performs Shared Branching Transactions (HICUSO & CO-OP).
- Order supplies for the department as needed from the HR Director.
Waipio and Airport Member Services Specialist ONLY:
- Removes and replenishes coin machine bags and prepares coin machine bags for deposit processing.
- Processes coin machine transactions.
Waipio Member Services Specialist ONLY:
- Processes the opening and closing of Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Processes ATM deposits or payments.
- Assume the duties of the Receptionist in his/her absence.
- Interview and obtain information from loan applicants to be able to process loan requests made by members for all types of loans offered excluding mortgage applications.
- Verifies loan application information to ensure that all essential information to make a decision has been noted.
- Assures all loan applications are completed in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Inputs loan application information into the computer terminal for processing.
OTHER DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Conducts every aspect of this position, involving interpersonal relations, in line with the concept that all personnel, staff, shareholders, and visitors are afforded full and equal treatment in all matters without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, lawful political affiliation, physical handicap or marital status.
- Periodically serves on various credit union committees (i.e. Safety, Social Events, ect.)
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as may be prescribed by the VP Loans or President/CEO.
- Pursues a program of:
- Utilizing such training and education as may be required by the credit union:
- in connection with this position;
- for career
- Ensures a secure, neat, clean, and safe work area.
- Personal computer
- 10-key calculator
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine
- Document Scanner
- Microfilm/Microfiche Reader/Printer
- Coin Counting/Sorting Machine
- Bill Counting/Sorting and Dispensing Machines
- Remote teller workstation equipment
- Hours are to be determined depending on the branch
- Monday through Friday, 8:45 AM to 5:30 PM
- Saturday, 8:45 AM – 2:15 PM
- Overtime may be required.
- Workdays, hours, or branch locations may vary according to the operational needs of the credit union.
- Requires the application of sound decision-making principles, logical thinking, and good judgment.
- Requires alertness, concentration, and attention to
- Requires the use of good judgment when dealing with difficult or uncomfortable situations.
Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing with members, peers, and staff members.
- Requires sitting at a workstation for periods of up to 4 hours (without a break).
- Requires the ability to understand and complete instructions.
- Requires data entry/keypunching and mouse skills to complete daily work.
- Ability to view and correctly interpret numbers, text, and images on a computer.
- Requires the use of various office equipment to perform duties.
- Requires verifying documents for accuracy.
- Requires working beyond the 8-hour day.
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Requires receiving and dispersing verified amounts of cash and negotiable instruments according to accepted procedures.
- Ability to learn and apply learned skills.
- Ability to work with all types of people.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard.
- Ability to type 40 WPM.
- Ability to operate a 10 key calculator.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to work cooperatively with members, co-workers, and management.
- Must be bondable.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- One year of experience working in a financial institution is preferred.
- Must be willing to attend/participate in any training necessary to learn/update skills or knowledge required for the position.