Why did I receive a notice about providing proof of insurance?
Your loan agreement requires you to maintain coverage on your vehicle for the term of your loan. We require you to provide us evidence that you have obtained acceptable insurance coverage as outlined in the loan agreement.
What Is Acceptable Insurance?
For Auto Insurance, the policy must:
- be effective on or before the effective date of the loan.
- include comprehensive, collision, and a deductible for comprehensive and collision not exceeding $500.
- have correct information about the vehicle, which includes the year, make, model, and complete VIN.
- have the borrower’s/insured individual name, insurance company name, policy number, and coverage effective/renewal date.
- include Pearl Hawaii listed as loss payee/lien holder as follows: Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union, ATTN: Loan Department, 94-449 Ukee Street, Waipahu, Hawaii 96797
For Home Insurance, you need the following:
- Fire coverage
- Flood coverage if the property is located in a flood zone
- Hurricane coverage if the total outstanding mortgage balance is more than the total land value as stated on your property tax.
- Correct collateral description
- Borrower/insured name
- Insurance company name
- Policy number
- Coverage effective/renewal date
- Pearl Hawaii listed as loss payee/lien holder as follows: Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union, ATTN: Loan Department, 94-449 Ukee Street, Waipahu, Hawaii 96797
If you need to provide proof of insurance for your loan, you can submit it here: