PHFCU’s Safe Deposit Box is a convenient place to store items that would be difficult or impossible to replace, offers privacy (only you know what is inside), and security.
What items should go inside?
Important items to consider include:
- originals of your insurance policies
- family records such as birth, marriage and death certificates; original deeds, titles, mortgages, leases and other contracts
stocks, bonds, and Savings Certificates
- videos or pictures of your home’s contents for insurance purposes (in case of theft or damage)
- other valuables could include special memories, jewels, medals, collectibles, and irreplaceable photos
- you may also want to keep a list of your account numbers and online passwords
Please remember to keep photocopies of your records at home.
So… what shouldn’t go inside?
Items you may need in an emergency. Possible examples include a power of attorney, passports, your will, medical-care directives if you become ill and incapacitated, and any funeral or burial instructions you make. You may want to consider making copies to go in your safe deposit box and giving the originals to your attorney, close friend, or relative.