Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC)
More useful than a monkey wrench
Save money and time by getting your repairs insured.
Play the long gameCars are costly. With this insurance option, you can get trips to the mechanic covered, so if something unexpected comes up, you won't be emptying your wallet.
- Covers parts and labor
- Works at any authorized, franchised repair facility in the U.S. and Canada
- Easy to add on to your auto loan
- Pay less than you would at most places
Contact us at 808-73-PHFCU (737-4328).
For assistance, please call 1-866-603-5420.Yes, you can purchase MRC at any time, as long as the vehicle is 12 model years old or less, has 120,000 miles or less on the odometer and meets other basic eligibility requirements. It does not need to be under the original manufacturer’s warranty period.You can purchase MRC at any time, as long as the vehicle is 12 model years old or less, has 120,000 miles or less on the odometer and meets other basic eligibility requirements. It does not need to be under the original manufacturer’s warranty period.
- You should take the vehicle or arrange to have the vehicle taken to an authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada. If the vehicle needs to be towed, the member should call for roadside assistance (Call 1-866-603-5420).
- You should authorize the repair facility to perform the necessary diagnosis and get a repair estimate.
- The repair facility should call the claims center for authorization PRIOR to beginning repairs.
- Once the repair facility has obtained an authorization number, the repair facility should perform the repairs.
- Upon completion of the repairs, the repair facility should bill the Administrator for authorized repairs. The Administrator will pay the repair facility by corporate credit card or direct bill, whichever is preferred by the repair facility.
- You should pay the repair facility any required deductible and the cost of any repairs not covered by the agreement/policy.
- Vehicles used commercially.
- Salvage or rebuilt titled vehicles.
- Trucks rated more than 1 ton.
- Motor homes.
- Non-U.S. Specification Vehicles.
- General maintenance is not covered under any of the MRC policies.
- Pre-existing conditions (condition that existed prior to the purchase of the policy/agreement).
- Aftermarket items not installed by the manufacturer.
- Other exclusions as listed in the policy/agreement.
- Gold and Silver levels of coverage: any system or component not specifically listed on the MRC policy/agreement.
- Coverage term expires when its time or mileage limit is reached (whichever occurs first).
- Coverage should be canceled if the vehicle is a total loss or repossessed.
- May be cancelled by you at any time for at least a pro-rata refund. In the event the member requests cancellation of the agreement, the refund will be pro-rata based on the greater of the days in force, of the miles driven compared to the total time or mileage and agreement period, plus a service charge of $30. If the member requests cancellation within the first 90 days, and have not incurred a claim, a full refund is provided (less a service charge of $30).