What is a Secured Loan?
Pearl Hawaii’s Savings (also referred to as Share Secured Loan) and Certificate Secured Loan are secured by the amount you have available on deposit in a Savings Certificate or in your Savings Account. The money collects interest while in the account, which will offset the interest charged on the loan. Simply, you build good credit while getting a low rate. Overall, it works much like a personal loan and is available to help people with a variety of expenses. You can utilize the funds in your account or the certificate can be redeemed when the loan is paid off.
- Borrow against your Pearl Hawaii savings account or certificate and receive a low-rate loan while still earning interest on your financial resources on deposit
- No credit checks required
- No verification of income required
- Secured by funds in your savings account or certificate
- A good alternative to paying higher-cost credit card debt
- An easy application process with no credit review
- Continue to accrue dividends during the loan period
- Affordable credit life and disability insurance** available
Pearl Hawaii’s Secured loans can help you build your credit history or repair bad credit faster. While this can be an advantage, you also need to carefully consider whether you can repay the loan and whether you can lose the asset you’re using as collateral. In the end, the ultimate goal should be to rely as little as possible on debt.
|SAVINGS SECURED||CERTIFICATE SECURED|
|RATE||1 Year term - 1.50% APR*, 2 Year term - 2.00% APR*, 3 Year term- 2.50% APR*, 4 Year term- 3.00% APR*, 5 Years- 3.50% APR*, 5 Year Balloon (amortized over 10 years with a balloon at the end of the 5th year)- 4.00% APR*||2% above current APY* (i.e., Current market rate + 2.00% APY = your rate)|
|TERM||You have options... 1) Fully amortized 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 year terms. 2) Amortized for 10 years with a balloon at 60 months.||You have options.... 1) Amortized up to 10 years with the loan due when the certificate matures. 2) 1 payment (maximum 1 year) due at certificate maturity. Loan can be renewed when certificate is renewed.|
|MINIMUM LOAN AMOUNT||No Limit||No Limit|
|MAXIMUM LOAN AMOUNT||No LImit||No Limit|
|Percentage that we match||100%||90%|
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
**The products are optional. Insurance products are not a deposit or obligation of or guaranteed by Pearl Hawaii FCU or its affiliates. Not insured or guaranteed by NCUA or any agency of the federal government.