Why spend precious time doing your banking when you can get your payment quickly and safely? Direct deposit is the easy, worry-free, and safe way to have your payroll or Social Security checks deposited directly into your Pearl Hawaii checking or savings account. Deposits are made electronically so you never have to worry about a lost check or leaving your house to do your banking. Additionally, it is much faster, letting you access your money on the day of the deposit.
What Is Direct Deposit
Direct deposit is an electronic payment from one bank account to another. For example, money may move from an employer’s bank account to an employee’s bank account. To complete transfers, financial institutions like credit unions and banks use the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, which coordinates these payments among the different financial institutions.
How to set up direct deposit for your paycheck
To receive payments electronically, you need to provide account information to the organization that is paying you. They may require that you use a particular form (such as a direct deposit form) or they may ask you to provide a voided check. Some human resources departments require you to enter the information online.
To receive payments, you will need to provide the details below to the organization that will be paying you.
- Ask for a copy of your employer’s direct deposit signup form.
- Provide their requested information and your Pearl Hawaii…
- account type – checking or savings
- account number – If you need to verify that you have correct account information, please call us at 808.737.4328 (73-PHFCU) or visit any location
- routing number – 321380328
- Financial Institution name- Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union
- Financial Institution Address- 94-449 Ukee Street, Waipahu, Hawaii 96797
- Name of account holders listed on the account
- Submit the completed direct deposit form to your employer.
Direct Deposit Tips
Here are a few key things to remember when filling out and submitting the direct deposit authorization form:
- Read the direct deposit form completely and be sure to follow the checklist items.
- It may take several payroll cycles for changes to take effect. Please ask your HR or payroll department about how long it could take and what to expect.
- You can use the same technology to avoid using checks, paying for postage, and getting bills into the mail on time. To do that you can either set up online bill payment with your bank or set up automatic payments with whoever you need to pay.
- It is a good idea to set up alerts so you can receive an email or text message whenever there is 24a deposit or withdrawal in any of your accounts.
- Digital Payments Are More Secure- Nobody can steal a check, alter it, or attempt to cash it when the payment is delivered digitally. The funds seamlessly move from one checking account to another. When it comes to getting the money from one bank account into another, direct deposits are among the most secure ways to complete the transaction.
How to set up direct deposit for your Social Security check
The Social Security Administration required that beneficiaries receive payments electronically. There are three easy ways to switch to Pearl Hawaii.
- Open an account at ssa.gov
- Call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
- Visit your local SSA office
Be prepared to provide your Pearl Hawaii account type (checking or savings), account number, and routing number (321380328). Additionally, you will need Social Security Number.
How to set up Direct Deposit for Child Support
To receive or send child support and maintenance payments electronically, contact your state’s department responsible for handling those payments.
Direct Deposit & Tax Refunds
You will get your money faster if you use direct deposit for tax refunds. Tell your tax preparer that you prefer direct deposit or provide your bank account information to the government when you file your returns. You can even split your refund so that the money goes into several accounts, making it easier to save some of your refund money.
Pension, annuity, or benefit checks
If your recurring check is from an annuity, pension, or government benefit program instead of from an employer, you can also set up a direct deposit of your checks into your Pearl Hawaii account(s). Just provide them with the information described above to set it up. You’ll save time, and you can access your funds more quickly when they are direct deposited than you can when you deposit a paper check.